Fire destroys Singleton home

A SINGLETON family has lost its home and belongings after fire ripped through their Glendonbrook house on Easter Saturday.

Firefighters were called to the scene in the early hours of the morning – and put out the flames.  

The local couple and their three children managed to escape the blaze, however their property was destroyed.

Luckily, a  smoke alarm alerted them of the danger.

“What an Easter present,” Grant Crothers said.

“My daughter (Monique), her husband (David) and three grandsons under the age of 10 (Bryson, Lucas and River) awoke to find their home engulfed in fire.

“Thanks to the quick-thinking of my son-in-law, they all got out safely. 

“Being an older timber house, they had time to save themselves and nothing else – only the clothes on their backs.

“Temporary accommodation and food has been sorted, but they are all obviously gong to need a hand to get back on their feet.

FIRE: Picture taken from Mon's & David's house fire appeal on gofundme.com, where the community is raising money to help the family.

FIRE: Picture taken from Mon's & David's house fire appeal on gofundme.com, where the community is raising money to help the family.

“We’re not asking for a lot.

“However, anything to help this young family would be appreciated more than you can realise.”

A Go Fund Me page has been established to assist the family rebuild their home and replace lost belongings.

The page has set a target of $5000 – and $1500 has already been generously donated. 

Go to www.gofundme.com/mons-davids-house-fire-appeal