Singleton Council general manager Jason Linnane is encouraging people who haven’t yet made a submission on the draft Singleton Community Strategic Plan 2017-2027 to do so before Friday, April 28.
If you want to comment on the 10 year blueprint then making a submission is vital.
The draft plan is among a suite of documents including the Council’s draft Delivery and Operational plans currently on public exhibition that once adopted, will guide the future of Singleton for the next 10 years and drive Council’s priorities for the next four years.
The documents show more than $100 million will be injected into the maintenance and improvement of community assets over the next four years, and outline Council’s commitment to lobby all levels of government on issues such as progress on the Singleton Bypass and improvements to the New England Highway.
A community information drop-in session was held on Wednesday April 12 as part of the public exhibition period, but Mr Linnane said there was still time for people to take a look at the documents and make a submission.
“Council was thrilled with the response we initially received in the development of the document last year, with 2,000 people responding to surveys, social media posts and attending workshops,” he said.
“It’s been great to see that level of interest continue during the public exhibition of the draft document, and I thank those people who attended the community drop-in session last week for their interest and involvement.
“We’ll be reviewing any feedback and finalising the plan to be presented to a future meeting of Council for adoption in the coming months. “I encourage everyone who hasn’t yet made a submission and would like to, to put their comments in writing before Friday 28 April.”
The draft documents may be viewed at Council’s Administration Building, Singleton Library or on Council’s website at www.singleton.nsw.gov.au