There were some impressive individual batting performances across all grades in the Singleton District Cricket Association competition on Saturday. With four players hitting the hundred mark and beyond. But two of these centuries were actually scored during the same game.
In an unusual occurrence, when Valley took on Muswellbrook in First Grade at Victoria Park openers for either side notched up their ton. In fact in a losing side, Muswellbrook’s Lachlan Watts piled on 170 runs. While Valley’s Jacob Carey made 101 and not far behind him was consistent performer, Daniel Storey (72).
In Second Grade, Valley’s Nathan Bagnall also racked up 133 runs during their comprehensive victory.
Meanwhile, Will Holz smashed out 122 runs without losing his wicket when PCH/Glendon took on JPC in Third Grade.
JPC could do nothing to halt his momentum, or that of another youngster Bailey Shultz who fell just short of his ton with 96 runs attributed to his name. It didn’t get much better for JPC in second grade, or in firsts, when they ended up losing by one run.
Match Statistics -
- Valley 273 (Jacob Carey 101, Daniel Storey 72, Matt Maher 31, Liam Storey 4/61 and Tony Whiting 2/33) defeated Muswellbrook 252 (Lachlan Watts 170&3/15, Luke Cameron 39, Mick Deakin 15, Hayden Fox 3/34);
- PCH/Glendon 6/234 (Jackson Cox 78 no, Alex Thrift 42, Daniel Oldknow 34no&2/44, Abe Jones 3/39) defeated JPC 7/233 (Ben Stokes 68no, Tristan Muir 54, Andrew Hunter, Jake O’Hara 3/64, Andrew Winsor 2/50).
- PCH/Glendon 153 (Craig Dillon 70, Travis Batch 38&4/32, Mitch Gaffney 2/21) defeated JPC 107 (Daniel Davis 28, Michael Cole 22, Gregg Dann 2/32, Brad Driscoll 2/32);
- Denman 245 (Peter Mills 87, Hunter Ball 60, Mitch Coombes 3/12, Marcus Baker 3/43) defeated Creeks 128 (Cale Rainey 45&1/38, Tristan Pitcher 20, Robert Hill 2/25);
- Valley 4/250 (Nathan Bagnall 133, Francois Hayes 69, Dean Hayes 5/7, Baxter Newberry 2/3) defeated Muswellbrook 78 (Dom Cooper 26no)
- Denman defeated Creeks on forfeit;
- PCH/Glendon 0/245 (Will Holz 122 no, Bailey Schultz 96no, Jesse Rutter 3/9, Cooper Bailey 2/7) defeated JPC 105 (Marius Botha 33&0/36, Matt Heaver 19, Robbie Hedges 0/38)