Another successful Seniors Tennis Tournament transpired at Howe Park from Friday, April 13 to Sunday, April 15. However this year the committee decided to do “something a bit different”.
This included the enjoyable “Friday night festivities” – where players enjoyed canapes and wine – and the introduction of two commemorative events. In recognition of the club’s uniqueness and long history, the Trooper E.W Capp and H.S Robinson memorial awards will now be presented every year.
While they played very different roles, the committee has decided to acknowledge their contribution and connection not only to the tennis club but the region – and the nation. The inaugural Trooper E.W Capp memorial award went to the winners of the over 55’s Mens Doubles Les Darcy and Greg Alchin. While Vicki Kuba and Helen Burge took home the H.S Robinson memorial award after winning the over 55’s Womens Doubles.
- Over 35 MS - Antony Hook, runner up Charl Botes;
- Over 50 MS - Stuart Thompson, runner up Barry Wilson;
- American RR - Geoff Mortimer, runner up Craig Miles;
- CMB 85 MD - Antony Hook&Roger Lee, runner up Bill Baxter&Charl Botes;
- CMB 100 MD – Glen Harris&Steve Harris, runner up Russell Anderson&Geoff Hayes;
- CMB 115 MD – Richard Fox & Robert Kaw, runner up Col Hoade&Graham Manson;
- CMB 85 WD - Sonya Anderson&Katrina Farley, runner up Cheryl Cooper& Vicki Kuba;
- Over 35 MD – Charl Botes&Gary Brenton; runner up Steve Harris&Ray Morrant;
- Over 55 MD – Greg Alchin&Les Darcy, runner up Richard Fox&Robert Kaw;
- Over 35 WD – Raelene Gauld&Karen Thompson, runner up Robyn Langdon&Yvonne Stanton;
- Over 55 WD – Vicki Kuba&Helen Burge, runner up Julie Andrews&Louisa Mortimor;
- Over 40 MXD – Katrina Farley&Geoff Hayes, runner up Julie Andrews &Steve Harris;
- Over 50 MXD - Kate Staff&Craig Miles, runner up Heidi Stanford& Roger Lee;
- Over 60 MXD – Cheryl Cooper&Gary Cooper, runner up Lynn Sartori&Joe Attard.