Our home for many years at 6-8 Campbell Street is on the market but we will continue to report on the Singleton community no matter where we operate from in the future.
For many in the community dropping in for a chat at the office is a regular occurrence especially during the football season when footy tips have to be that box. The current office, which covers 102.6 Sq.M (approx.) of open plan office space with two additional offices and reception area, was officially opened in May 1992.
The first Singleton Argus was published on July 15, 1874 by John Willis. In September 1874 it was purchased by Thomas Boyce and Henry Pinchin. The title was shortened to The Singleton Argus on July 14, 1880 and became a tri-weekly in 1897.
The Singleton Argus holds an Australia record for the longest family-owned newspaper in the country. It was run by the Robinson family for a total of 77 years (1886-1973) until it was bought by Western Newspapers Ltd Ltd . It was then sold to The Herald and Weekly Times which was purchased by News Ltd before being bought by Rural Press. Rural Press merged with Fairfax Media in 2006.
Since the transition in ownership from Fairfax Media to Nine Entertainment last year, then to ACM in July this year, The Singleton Argus has continued to provide trusted local news in print, online and via social media.
"The Argus has been proudly serving Singleton and the surrounding areas for 145 years," ACM's NSW Central managing editor Chad Watson said.
"We are selling our building at 6-8 Campbell Street with a view to moving to new premises where we can continue to champion the town and its people.
"It will be business as usual for us and business as usual for our readers and advertisers, only from a new location.
"Our editorial and sales teams remain devoted to connecting with our local residents and local businesses through ways that best meet their needs.
"We will keep you up to date with the building sale and our change of address."