Pubs, clubs, gyms, cinemas and places of worship officially closed on midday Monday, while restaurants and cafes will have to switch to takeaway only.
The Singleton Argus spoke with a handful of local businesses who have reassessed their daily operations.
Owner of the Three Sista's Cafe Rebekah Revie said the mandatory dine in closure is just another slap in the face after the rocky start the cafe has had since they opened in December.
"We have only been operating for a few months and with the summer bush fire's we really haven't had a chance to settle in properly," said Rebekah.
The small business normally operates from 6:30am until 4:30pm and can seat roughly 25 people in the shop.
"The past week we have been putting practices in place to keep social distancing however now with the rules of takeaway only starting Monday we have reassessed how we will operate," Rebekah's daughter Ellie Norman added.
The cafe will continue doing takeaway orders via the phone and will be available to pick up in store. "We're also considering doing deliveries to local orders, especially those who are self-isolating, so feel free to contact us," Rebekah added.
The Mochachino Bar also informed the Singleton Argus how the announcement has changed their usual operations.
"With the complete closure of surrounding businesses such as SALT Dance Company, KONG Gym, Majestic Cinemas and Anytime Fitness, we will definitely lose many of our regular customers," said owner Jasmine Crooks.
"We have always done takeaway orders and deliveries to local areas and we hope that the community will continue to support us in this way.
"A lot of people think we are a chain franchise although we aren't. We are a small, family business that depends on the community's support," she added.
One of the longest operating cafes in town, Coal Rock Cafe, claim that the past seven days has been the slowest it's ever been in it's 24 years of business.
"Coal Rock cafe has been operating in Singleton for more than two decades," says owner Donna Valentine.
"We survived the move from the original Gowrie Street mall seven years ago, to the kiosk whilst the new mall was being built but this doesn't compare in the slightest."
The business usually employs around twenty staff and has been a first footstep into the working industry for hundreds of local Singleton people over the years.
"It's a family here, between us and the customers, we all have built friendly-family like relationships with many of our regular customers," Donna added.
"We are taking it day by day and once this is all over it I am sure not just us, but the community as a whole will come out stronger. We are all in this together."
Cafe's who will now alter their operations to takeaway and some deliveries include:
- Coal Rock Cafe | Takeaway and some local deliveries | for menu click here | phone 6572 1202
- Worn out Wares | Takeaway and some local deliveries | for menu click here | phone 6572 1866
- Three Sista's Cafe | Takeaway and local deliveries | for menu click here | phone
- The Mochachino Bar | Takeaway and local deliveries | for menu click here | phone 0409 995 409
- Cervo'z Cafe and Catering | Takeaway | for menu click here | phone 6571 5525
- Parkview Cafe | Takeaway | for menu click here | phone 6571 2607
- Riverside Cafe | CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- MunkeeSkins Cafe | Takeaway | for menu click here | phone 6571 2603
- Ni's Cafe 45 | Takeaway | for menu click here | phone 6572 1338
- Happy Grillmore's Down Town| Takeaway and delivery | for menu click here | phone 6571 2030
- Happy Grillmore's Singleton Heights | Take away and delivery | for menu click here | phone 6573 3752
- Karen's Kitchen and Takeaway | Takeaway | for menu click here | phone 0429441944
- Wattaka Cafe | Takeaway | for menu click here | phone 6572 3770