Fire destroys vacant house in Campbell Street

Just after 1:00am on Saturday morning Singleton Fire & Rescue responded to house fire in Campbell Street.

The vacant property, located next door to the Singleton Argus, was well alight and has been gutted by the fire.

Campbell Street house burnt in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Campbell Street house burnt in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The property is owned by Singleton Council and has been vacant for nearly 18 months.

During that time is has been broken into and vandalised with Council boarding up the windows in an attempt to prevent further damage.

This incident coming near the anniversary of last year's tragic house fire, that claimed the lives of three young children, is a timely reminder to our community to be ever vigilant especially during the winter months.

This from Singleton Fire & Rescue:

Get Ready | Cooler weather is settling in, ensure your home is fire safe by completing our winter fire safety checklist this weekend!

If you are unable to check your Smoke Alarms Fire & Rescue NSW Offers a free home fire safety check service where we are able to come to your property and conduct a home fire safety checklist, test your smoke alarm and offer home fire safety advice. To find out more or have any questions send our Facebook page a a message.

You can download the checklist at - www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter