No chemical leak at water treatment facility

On Thursday (January 14) at approximately 11:30am Singleton and Rutherford Fire & Rescue station's along with engineers from Singleton Council responded to reports of a chlorine leak at a Council water treatment facility, Mount Olive Road, Singleton.

Emergency services arrived and spoke with the Council's engineers and it was determined to be a faulty detector in the facility.

Rutherford Fire & Rescue HAZMAT appliance was called off from the incident as it was determined safe.