A strike force has been established to investigate the aggravated sexual assault of a woman inside a Singleton home last week.
Police said the 32-year-old woman was confronted by two men at a home in Buchan Avenue just after midnight on Thursday, April 21.
The men, who police said had their faces concealed, threatened the woman with a knife and assaulted her, causing her to lose consciousness, before sexually assaulting her.
Emergency services were contacted after the pair fled, police said.
Officers from Hunter Valley Police District attended, established a crime scene and launched an investigation.
The woman was taken to John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle for treatment.
Strike Force Currikee has been established by detectives from the State Crime Command's Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad and Hunter Valley Police District.
The men were described as both wearing dark clothing and had their faces concealed.
However, one man has been described as being of a large build and the other of a thin build.
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information, or who may have witnessed suspicious activity in the area during that evening or in the days prior, to come forward.
Contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.