Australia's two-time Dakar motorcycle champion Toby Price has been awarded an OAM for service to motorsport, particularly to cross country motorcycle racing.
The former Hunter resident may have crashed out of this year's Dakar rally, but on Tuesday he received a different kind of trophy.
"Honoured to be awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in the general division today for service to motorsport," he said in a statement released on Australia Day.
"Blown away to be on this list, it's crazy... thanks so much everyone for your support of what I do."
MEET THE OTHER HUNTER RECIPIENTS:
- Keeping up the fight: advocate for child sexual abuse survivors awarded OAM
- 'This is home and it suits me just fine' says OAM recipient Norm
- Lifting women to achieve: professor receives Australia Day honour
- Raworth resident rewarded for helping veterans and the community
- "I'm 75 going on 40": Professor Graham Goodwin has been engineering change for over half a century
- Morgan helps bring dance dreams to life and receives OAM